Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dinner Diva Menu Week of 5/3

Experiencing a little kitchen burn-out this week. I don't know if it's cuz I got spoiled with my mom here, and going out way more often than I'm used to, or if it's because we had company two weekends in a row and I just need a break. Whatever the reason, this week I'm taking it easy. I'll still try one new recipe--that's always my goal, one new recipe per week, but the rest will be old simple standbys. The theme of the week is Quick and Easy, and tasty enough so I won't have to battle my children to get them to eat it.

Sunday--too late to post, but we had one of last week's recipes: Southwest Shrimp and Corn Chowder with a side of quesadillas. YUM!

Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic bread, salad

vegetarian option: omit the meat or use those ground beef-like veggie crumbles

Tuesday, meal swap day, my turn to cook: grilled pork tenderloins, and, because they were so good, I'm doing the potato-stuffed peppers again, and steamed green beans

Wednesday: tacos (chicken or beef; make extra meat, and chop extra lettuce and tomatoes)

Thursday: baked orange roughy, steamed broccoli, pillsbury crescent rolls

Friday: supreme nachos (use the leftover taco meat from the other night and layer chips, meat, and cheese on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 5-10 min or until meat is hot and chees melts, then add a layer of lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, black beans, salsa and guacamole, or to taste)

Saturday: pizza night

Sunday: I'm not cooking on Mother's Day, but for the dads out there who want to make it special, here's a whole day of menus for you:

Breakfast: blueberry pancakes, syrup, fresh orange juice, bacon, and grapes

Lunch: Green Salad with Apples and Maple-Walnut Dressing
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1087059

Dinner: Here's two menus that will really wow her:

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/everyday-menus/go-all-out-00400000005723/

No comments: