Monday, September 13, 2010

Changes...

Things are changing in the life of Dinner Diva. Temperatures are cooling down, gracing my morning runs with a blessed breeze that leaves me feeling invigorated rather than beat down at the end of my miles. School has started, and with it a full schedule of inked-up calendars and post-it reminders. And DH and I are making some life changes that mean my time in the kitchen is limited...for now. Quick fix dinners are the theme this week: enjoy!

Sunday: Flat Tire Burgers in Edmond (I don't even want to think about how many miles I'll have to run to burn off my awesome juicy burger and crispy onion rings!)

Monday: Shrimp Stir Fry, Steamed White Rice, Egg Rolls

Tuesday: Grilled Salmon Steaks, Steamed Broccoli, Brown Rice Pilaf

Wednesday: Grilled Steaks, Roasted Green Beans, Breadsticks

Thursday: Fresh Tomato, Sausage, and Pecorino Pasta, salad

Friday: Garden Vegetable Crustless Quiche, fresh fruit

Saturday: Pizza Night


Something new, a grocery list! I'll try to include a shopping list each week...your comments are welcome!


egg beaters (1 1/2 cups)
1 16 oz carton cottage cheese
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar (reduced fat)
6 oz shredded monterey jack cheese (reduced fat)
pecorino cheese
1 11 oz can refrigerated breadstick dough, such as pillsbury

simply potatoes potatoes and onion
4 small zucchini
1 green bell pepper
8 oz presliced fresh mushrooms
parsley (fresh)
tomatoes (2.25 lbs)
1 onion
fresh basil
2 lbs fresh green beans
freash broccoli, 2 lbs

penne pasta
1 box brown rice pilaf

8 oz italian sausage or turkey italian sausage
rib eye or new york strip steaks

pickled jalepenos
kalamata olives

frozen egg rolls
frozen tuna steaks
frozen shrimp, 1 lb
frozen pizza

No comments: