Sunday, March 13, 2011

Just Marching Through March....

My clocks have sprung forward, and for the first time in as long as I can remember, I slept past 11am. WHAT? That is unheard of in this house, as I am a habitual early riser, usually up before anyone in the house. Often, I am just getting home from a run when the others are just waking. All I can say for myself is that today is my rest day, and I must have needed it!

So, as we march through March, here is another week of meals. Planning ahead saves time, energy, and money. Bonus, it also saves me from hearing, "Mommy! What's for dinner?" because all they have to do is read the menu. Good, because I hear "Mommy!" enough!


Sunday: Teriyaki-Ginger Pork Tenderloin over Rice, homemade dark chocolate pudding

For a variation on the pork, add crushed pineapple or pineapple chunks with juice instead of just pineapple juice. I also like to add a chopped red bell pepper and/or broccoli florets.

For the pudding, follow the directions for the filling only.

Monday: Spinach Calzones with Blue Cheese, Fresh Orange Slices

Tuesday: (my favorite stir fry!) Flank Steak Stir Fry with Asparagus and Red Pepper, Rice

Wednesday: Pan-Grilled Snapper with Orzo Pasta Salad, Steamed Green Beans

Variation: use whole wheat orzo

St. Patrick's Day Menu: Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner

Friday: Carolina Blond-Barbeque Sandwiches, Steak Frites

Saturday: Pizza, Leftovers, or Out to Eat

No comments: