Monday, May 2, 2011

Meal Swap Resumed!

After a brief (?) hiatus, our neighborhood meal swap has resumed. YAY! I'm looking forward to it, I mean, it's one whole night a week I don't have to cook, and more importantly, one whole night a week I don't have to CLEAN.

I am making Chicken Pot Pie because it looks relatively easy to make in a big batch, and also from the reviews looks like a crowd pleaser.

I missed posting this yesterday because I was too tired from running the OKC Memorial Marathon, in which I only ran a half marathon. (I've always said it's dumb to call it half of anything, since we're running a FULL 13.1 miles, and to say something is half is to imply it only takes half the effort and should only require half credit. It's hard to run that far and I want FULL credit, dang it!) So when I say only, I mean I didn't run 26.2 miles... because I'm only half insane. So far.

Monday: Grilled Shrimp, Steamed Brown Rice, Steamed Veggies

Tuesday: Black Bean Taco Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

Wednesday: Easy French Toast Casserole, Fresh Cut Pineapple

I'm always looking for easy sports night meals, and breakfast for dinner is certainly one of our favorites! This one is high carb, but it still beats the drive thru!


Thursday: Indonesian Pork Tenderloin, Hot Sesame Spaghetti, Fresh Orange Wedges

Hot Sesame Spaghetti

Cooking Spray
2 t. hot chile oil, divided
2 1/2 c. coarsely chopped broccoli florets
1 c. diced red pepper
1/2 c. chopped green onions
1 1/2 t. minced garlic
8 oz spaghetti, uncooked
1 T. sesame seeds, lightly toasted
1/2 t. salt

Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add 1 t. oil. Place over med-high heat until hot. Add broccoli and next 3 ingredients; saute' until veggies are tender crisp.

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Toss with remaining 1 t. oil. Add broccoli mixture, sesame seeds, and salt; toss well.


Friday: Salmon Burgers, home fries, raw carrots

Saturday: Fontina, Caramelized-Onion, and Pancetta Pizza

I don't know why but I've been craving caramelized onions. Maybe this will help.

No comments: