Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy October!

As October brings its coolish weather, and its promise of Halloween, it also forecasts the ever-growing holiday shopping/cooking/chore tasks of November and December. Like a cloud on the horizon, I can see it coming and can't do anything to stop it or even slow it down. This year, for extra fun, I'm adding a marathon to my December list, which means October and November will be spent training. Bring on the carbs!

Sunday: Ground Beef Stroganoff, spinach salad, french bread
This is one of those recipe finds I love: the whole family loves it, it's cheap, and it goes together easily and quickly. And best of all, it freezes great. I'm making this one for my neighborhood meal swap this month, so as I make ours, I'll be making 6 others and freezing them. You might try doubling it and putting half in the freezer for yourself.

Monday: meal swap meal, my turn to cook: Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi, salad, garlic bread

Tuesday: hamburgers, grilled veggies with balsamic vinaigrette, fries

Wednesday: Seared Pork Tortas, baked tortilla chips with fruit salsa

Thursday: Tortellini with marinara, salad

Friday: meal swap meal, Jill's turn to cook (or, leftovers)

Saturday: pizza

No comments: