Sunday, June 17, 2012

Taking a Break

After 6 weeks on the 90/10 Challenge, I've memorized Michi's Ladder.  I don't know who Michi is, but at times I've wished she would fall off that damn ladder and have a horrible concussion.  Denying myself food has never been my favorite thing, and I've never been all that good at it.

Committing, though, is something I'm good at.  If I say I'll do it, I do it.  And this resolve has been my saving grace the last month and a half.  I think I had one cheat day.  One thing in 42 days that I knew wasn't anywhere on the allowed tiers.  It was a bag of Snyder's 100 Calorie pretzels, and I regretted every bite.

And here's what my results are: In 42 days, I've lost 6 pounds and over 5 percent of my total body weight.  I've dropped a clothing size.  My wedding ring falls off and my shoes are too big.  My attitude about myself has changed, in a positive way.  People are noticing these differences, especially my husband who claims I am "getting more and more beautiful every day."

In summary: it was worth it.  6 weeks is a blink.  Day to day it was tough to continue not just making good choices, but making EXTREMELY good choices, but after awhile it got easier, and looking back it went by so fast.

And now it's time for a break.  It's time to re-introduce myself to what junk food feels like.  I expect I will regret it, and re-learn the difference in how I feel after a binge versus how I feel after a responsible day.  And, come Monday next, I will embark once again on Michi's Ladder.

So, here it is: Dinner Diva's Down and Dirty Doggone Damn Good Dinners (that will make you feel ill the next day)

Monday: Grilled New York Strip Steaks, Steamed Green Beans, Home Fries

Tuesday: Perfect Fried Chicken, Buttermilk Biscuits, Corn on the Cob, Roasted Applesauce

Wednesday: Flank Steak Stir Fry, Rice, Egg Rolls

Thursday: Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Steamed Pea Pods, Rice Medley

Friday: OUT TO EAT

Saturday: Pizza

No comments: